GNGA Merit Cum Scholarship Form
(The CSR arm of Kaleesuwari Refinery Private Limited) has a strong commitment to creating societal value. This gets clearly manifested in our intervention that embraces the most disadvantaged sections of the community. The foundation undertakes various projects in the fields of health, education, livelihood and disaster management. As parts of our social initiatives.
Kaleesuwari foundation is introducing GNGA, a Merit cum Means scholarship as part of our educational intervention. GNGA Scholarship is instituted in memory of Founder's Parents Mr. Gurusamy Nadar and Mrs.Gunvathai Ammal, to support meritorious students belonging to underprivileged sections of society. The scholarship is meant for college students pursuing their 1st, 2nd & 3rd year of UG and PG programs. Under the scholarship, students who are unable to bear the cost of education due to family financial situations are provided with monetary assistance of upto 75% of their academic fees to continue their studies.
- To support students from economically poor backgrounds to pursue higher education.
- To support and sponsor students with exceptional talents in sports, arts and other extracurricular activities.
- To equip and train students to be employable.
- To make them responsible citizens.
What do you get as a scholarship?
- Maximum of 75% financial scholarship per year based on the fees structure of the student.
- Scholarship, depending upon the performance of the students, will be given till the student completes his or her education.
- Continuous training, mentoring and internship program to make GNGA scholars employable.
- Open for Indian nationals.
- Students from economically poor background wanting to pursue graduation, diploma, certificate programs.
- Applicants who have completed school and are applying for admission in colleges and students who are currently in their first or second year of college education.
- Applicants should have scored a minimum of 60% in public exams.
- Applicants from arts & professional courses.
- Applicants attending private tuitions for NEET / CA admissions
Criteria for selection:
- Economic background with an annual income of less than 2 lakhs
- Last studied school: Govt/Aided schools, private poor schools/ in lower economic areas schools run by NGOs.
- Disadvantaged groups
- Single parent/orphan
- First graduate in the family.
- Marks Scored
Process of selection
- Scholarship application received from students through Kaleesuwari website.
- Verification of application by phone call and personal visits.
- Personal Interview.
- Final Selection based on cumulative marks based on the criteria.
- Continuation of scholarship for subsequent years depends on students' performance in college.
Documents to be submitted through the online form
- Online Application form*
- Passport size photograph*
- Aadhaar Card *
- Ration card *
- Latest mark sheets *
- Essay* (please upload a handwritten essay on topic "Write an essay about your life, include your interests, achievement,
your goal and why you deserve GNGA scholarship'. Essay cannot exceed more than 1000 words and can be written in any
Tamil, English or Hindi. Please remember to write your name, school/college name & place at the end of the essay. Essay
can be uploaded in either JPEG, PDF or PNG format)
- Income Proof (any one from the three proofs given below) * Income Proof issued by Gram Panchayat / Ward Counsellor /
Sarpanch Income Proof issued by SDM/DM/CO/ Tehsildar (attach if available. Otherwise can be submitted at the time of
- Bonafide certificate (Attach if available. Otherwise can be submitted at the time of selection)
- College ID/letter of admission from college (Attach if available. Otherwise can be submitted at the time of selection)
- Fees details from the college. (Attach if available. Otherwise can be submitted at the time of selection)
- Account or cheque details of the college or institution. (attach if available. Otherwise can be submitted at the time of
- Copy of receipts from the college. (Post receiving scholarship)
When to Apply:
Disbursement of scholarship & follow-ups
- The scholarship will be open online between June to August
- Kaleesuwari Foundation directly pays fees to the colleges.
- Students have to submit a letter from the college about the fees structure, dues, and request for fees payment along
with bank details
- Once the payment is done, students have to send a copy of the receipt to the foundation
- Kaleesuwari Foundation team will be in touch with you for regular updates and follow-ups.
- Applicants are expected to actively participate in employability training programs as part of GNGA scholarship. Details
will be shared after to final selected candidates.